Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Legend of Zelda:Skyward Sword (Wii)

https://twitter.com/Tokyo_Rude/status/387389620368863232
https://twitter.com/Tokyo_Rude/status/387407758791700480
https://twitter.com/Tokyo_Rude/status/387389827445833728

I will maybe arrange my thoughts more clearly later and on HP.  I have just entered the first dungeon of Skyward Sword.  My thought on turning of the system was "When I will play this next, I should do something else." 

As I mentioned a few posts back, Wii controls don't fit with me.  Link holds the sword exactly (MOTION PLUS) as you are holding it.  So he always looks...as awkward as you do.  I named Link Geocity which I thought was  a fun joke to take my mind off the mind-numbing dialog.  If I had someone like Chris with me on this journey maybe it would be enjoyable just tearing the game apart.

There are many cutscenes and required dialog in the first 3 hours.  They are universally pointless and unentertaining. 

Wait.  Wait Wait.  Here's what made me start writing.  Your big Guardian Bird that is the focus of the first 2 hours doesn't even have a name.  It is just YOUR BIRD.  You've had it since you were little.  They mention it's breed (Crimson somethingsomething).  Other things and places have names.  In the meetings about the game they decided "Let's make everyone refer to it as "your bird."  Really do a wonder on the marketing.  What do you place on the stuff toy tag?  The bird is the best part of the game.

Then you're holding A to go slightly faster and seeing a green circle disappear and you wonder who thought this fun.  I don't think the makers ever played their game.

And you have to shake the nunchuk to roll. 

YOUR BIRD is pretty cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment