Saturday, September 22, 2012

Tamage: Tamachi High Lane

I love Game Center CX.  It's almost my ideal TV show.  A common segment is where Arino visits a game center in Japan.  I did my own Tamage (たまに行くならこんなゲームセンター).  

Tamachi High Lane
website
東京都港区芝浦2-12-13



I woke up really early the first day of my most recent Japan trip.  Having lots of time to kill I decided to take a walk.  I spotted this Bowling Center near my hotel in Tamachi on the JR Yamanote line.  A few days later on the way back from Odaiba we stopped inside.

We passed on actually bowling.  We were both tired, and the last time I went bowling I pulled a muscle on the first swing.  I didn't need more injuries. 




The first thing that catches your eye is the surprisingly empty UFO catchers.


 The main attraction of this arcade is Rave Racer the 3rd game in the Ridge Racer series.

We sat down head to head.  I, actually having driven a car and played more than a few video games, ended up winning.  She didn't do bad though.

There was a broken down Basketball machine, and a pile of stuff covering half the arcade. You could tell at this point the arcade was stuff that hadn't broken yet.  Not pictured but it did have a beer vending machine.

Tetris.

Virtual Striker 2 and a Shanghai game

I was pretty close to taking that old style poster.  Everyday Bowling girl is of course in AKB.

Won't you check out Tamachi High Lane Sometime?

No comments:

Post a Comment