Monday, January 24, 2011

Hey Rudie you ever gonna talk about the Culture in that blog title.

OK.

The BBC pissed off all of Japan by making light of a man that survived the bombings of Hiroshima AND Nagasaki.  This obviously means BBC supports dropping atomic weapons and that it's really funny the man survived both.  Well, it is really funny.  It's ridiculous.  I'm with the commentator, it is amazing the trains were still working the next day.  It's amazing the dude was in both towns!  It's doubly amazing he's survived!  You would think that his family wouldn't give a shit if someone called him lucky or unlucky (he's both I suppose!)  I think it's pretty damn petty to get upset about something like that.

Should BBC have apologized, probably not.  The comedians/commentators meant nothing malicious in their statements, and it makes my eyes roll that Japan was upset about it.

Hearing someone speak about surviving the nuclear blast isn't going to change anyone's mind.  I'm not sure that's making the world a better place.  It's not making the world a worse place either.  Some people don't realize people die.  Hell, we can talk about tragedies happening in the world right now! 

Hell I don't even know what I'm saying anymore.  I'm distracted by absolutely awful Japanese Television I got at the local j-grocery for a dollar.  The worst part is they got rid of the commericals.  I'm watching most of them hopping, praying that this DVD has the commericals still.  I ended stopping the last one as I watched one dude get beat by 5 bad dudes while the main character stood their and watched.

He is the worst friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment