Monday, June 6, 2011

Jikandia (PSP)

An Action RPG where you set how long you want to play and it builds a stage out of that time.  That sounds awesome doesn't it?  Then you hear it's made my IdeaFactory (IdeaFuck) and run the fuck the other direction.

But it looked so almost good I had to try it.  I ended up quitting for reasons that weren't IdeaFactory's fault.  The game is pretty basic jump, swing sword, hit things, fight boss.  It feels about like a good flash game and looks about as good as a good flash game.  The combat isn't going to win any awards, but it works for the concept and I could almost see it as a timewaster if I actually played video games as time wasters instead as entertainment.

Have you played BlazBlue's story mode?  Also published in the US by Aksys games?  Well all the story scenes are like this:


Hiliarious.

Jikandia's unvoiced dialog is about the same.  Maybe that's not a turn off for you, but it sure was for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment