Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Linda Cubed Again (PS1), Tomba (PS1)

After having it on my PS3 for a couple of months I finally launched Linda Cubed Again.  A JRPG the west never got again with a great cover and probably like a totally mind-blowing plot man.

I almost immediately regretted not getting an action game in its stead.  Playing a JRPG in another language I only 60% understand means I'm basically making it very very difficult to read a book in another language I only 60% understand.  Unless the the battle mechanics are really enjoyable (they weren't) It isn't worth it. 

I'm also going to be an asshole and say that the plot is probably amazing in the never read a book sort of way.  And if it isn't I put up a lot of effort (trying to comprehend the plot/what I need to do) and time (playing a JRPG UIH) for not a lot of reward.  It is 2013 and I am an adult and I can figure out where to most effectively spend my time.  It is probably playing Freecell games while listening to music and not playing Linda Cubed Again.

I played it for about 90 minutes.  I got the basic gist of the plot.  I was about to do a lot of dragon quest style JRPGing to see that plot. 

-----

Tomba eventually gave me the same reaction even though I was playing it in English and was more charmed by it.  That game sure does give you lots of things to do.  It doesn't have super sharp jumping and bumping which is getting more and more a stickler for me.  The pseudo 3D metrovania aspects were also starting to get overwhelming.  I played that for 3 hours and enjoyed my time, but I'm not sure I'm going back.

3 comments:

  1. plz ruin my life by playing roommania next and hating on that too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swarm I will totally do this soon.

      Delete
    2. If helps the hole in your heart SegaGaGa is totally fucking great.

      Delete