Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Macgruber (Jorma Taccone) Redemption (Steven Knight) John Carter again

So I really liked John Carter when I saw it in theaters last year.  Enough to put it on my small shelf of Blurays.  I've now watch it again.  I still like how it changes genre like 5 times in the first half hour.  The two hour run time is still long.  I went and checked my websites about an hour in and left it running.  The plot is not as strong as I remember it being.  I may be looking through it through the new eyes of seeing Star Wars A New Hope recently and being floored by it.  Despite being a long term Star Wars fan.  Every single line in that movie is peppy.  Still John Carter (of Mars) is a better movie than that Madonna movie about Nazi Sympathizers or a movie featuring Adam Sandler.

It is also better than Macgruber.  I thought SNL movies were supposed to have jokes?  There is like one joke in Macgruber.  I guess he's supposed to come off as arrogant and incompetent, but it's done with such weak punchlines.  Hopefully it is the worst film I've seen this year!

In Redemption The Stath is a homeless war veteran that stumbles into a rich apartment who's owner is on vacation.  So then he starts looking like the Stath and gains Stath-fu.  Then the Stath has to make some moral choices at...Redemption???  The original name of the film was Hummingbird and there certainly Hummingbirds in that film.  Which makes that title better than having The Stath say it in voiceover over the closing moment of the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment