Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Obi Wan (Xbox)

My dumb love of Star Wars as a teenager has not completely died.  While I am free of the heartbreaking EU stuff, I occasionally need to play Star Wars games.  I managed to miss/ignore Obi Wan for the several years I've owned an Xbox.  Still, it was there on gamefly, I might as well give it a shot.

It's not very good.  It's not awful either.  Your lightsaber is mapped to the right analog stick, so swirling that around swirls your lightsaber around.  I'd say it works about as good as any wii game.  Our sound alike for Ewan Mcgreggor is Scottish on the verge of crying.  Every line sounds like the first tears are falling down his face.  The character models are freaking hideous though.  They look worse than stuff in Jedi Knight.  A game that's at least 6 years older than it.

They did get Samuel L. Jackson I believe, to play the boring fucking part he plays in the star wars saga. 

I didn't even get far enough into the game to kill some droids.  In the 3rd stage (and all the stages previous) is on Coruscant.  I needed to jump down an elevator shaft, but because the way the game is mapped you can't control the camera.  So I couldn't look down.  So I had to do blind falls.  After about 3 of those causing my death and this being fairly early on in the game, I decided to bail out. 

Yesterday I tried a random level of Galleon.  Ended up choosing the one where you shipwreck and have to swim to shore.  I forgot how amazingly, retardedly, large the stages are.  I ended up swimming for about 3 minutes, doubting I was making progress and went to bed.  Still though, probably time to update my opinion on Galleon.  One of the forgotten games on the Xbox.  Will probably write a dumb list of awesome xbox games soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment