Friday, February 25, 2011

The Kimonos - The Kimonos (2010)

With the availability of music on the internet, and the fact that it takes just a little bit of time to decide if you like the music or not, I think music reviews are pretty much dead.  I still scour the Punk News year end reviews for my year's worth of punk music.  I go through each list and load up each band on youtube/myspace/amazon.  Some of them are good.  Some of them aren't.  Music critics role is primarily of giving context and history of the music.  What music had the musicians made before?  How is this different or the same from their previous works.  How does this piece fit in the flow of popular and underground culture?

So this is a side project by Mukai something, of Zazen Boys/ Number Girl fame.  I have been listening to it non-stop since yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment