Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Penny Arcade Game Episode 1 (PS3)

It was 2.99 for both games, so why the hell not!  I've played the first one, and it is full of Tycho's delicious writing.  It doesn't have a lot of music, but it's also one of the only PS3 games to support custom soundtracks.  That's a pretty short list it's on.  I ended up fighting the final boss to Edna's Goldfish's Elements of Transition.  Not exactly the most thematically appropriate music, but I didn't have a lot else on there.  I should put some more game music on it.  Maybe the Etrian Odyssey III soundtrack?

I don't see a lot of people talk about the game, but then again there isn't a lot to talk about.  I will say it was nice when I could finally try the game when I had the 360. It's an active battle RPG.  The enemies will keep hitting you regardless if you're in a menu or not.  This is a mild headache, especially when you suddenly can't control your cursor because you're selecting an enemy to attack and don't realize it.  You're also using different buttons for different commands and need to manually select each character.  It works alright I suppose.

They ended up making a game in which it is hard to say anything good or bad about it.  Maybe that was their goal.  Oh, I'll say the trophy for going through the game without anyone dying once is ridonkulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment