Friday, March 18, 2011

Star Fox Adventures (Gamecube)

Hey I got my gamecube back!  So now I can revisit what remains of my library there.  I had previously given this Gamecube to a friend then moved to Japan.  Then I got a Gamecube there for less than 20 bucks and played some Super Mario Sunshine on it.

I also played through Eternal Darkness on it and still feel that game fails as a video game.

So Star Fox Adventures was supposed to be called Dinosaur Planet and be one of the last games on the N64.  It was moved to the Gamecube had a Nintendo licensed slapped on it and put out.  I played it way back then and enjoyed it as a 12 hour Zelda-like adventure.

Now as an adult, it's completely retarded.  It a stegosaurus tells me to check out a store nearby.  I then proceed to enter a cave,  climb down a rock face, jump up a ledge ,and talk to a ghost-dinosaur.  As I enter the actual store I get a title card "Spine-tail Store" .  There's no way in hell the dinosaur that just told me about the store could enter it.  In fact that there are any buildings at all is baffling.  Outside of the evil dinosaur everything else is just a normal dinosaur that can talk. 

"In a hidden sector of the Lylat System".  The Lylat System - just in the Star Fox games - is more populated than the Corellian System. Then Fox and company get sent on a mission to rescue Dinosaur planet, but first I had to fly through a gold ring to get through a defense field.

With characters this fuzzy, a plot like that looks particularly retarded.  Also why is our supposedly world trotting do gooder female counter part dressed like Tarzan's Jane?

Then the shit you collect has just completely retarded names.  Why have all the dinosaurs have explanative names like "Sky-walker" "big teeth" and then I have to collect shit like Dumbledang Pods and Kazooa Spirits. The PA strip still applies.

Since this has been hanging for 30 minutes let's go ahead and post it.

1 comment:

  1. Game looks nice, though!

    Oh, wait, I do have a good complaint! There are two parts where you have to tap a button rapidly to pass. The second one is easier than the first one, and I could never beat the game a second time because I had gotten someone else to do the first one, as I was physically incapable of tapping it fast enough.

    ReplyDelete