Friday, April 1, 2011

James Bond: Blood Stone (PS3) Secret of Mana + (OST)

Sometimes I just need to be James Bond.  So I was happy to try Blood Stone, the final game by Bizarre Creations.  I've had the wrong system to try out their games, though I very briefly played around with Metropolis Street Racer (Dreamcast) .  The big hook of BC's racing games were kudos.  It wasn't about how fast you drove, but how you drove fast.  It's a nice change of pace from strategically playing bumper cars in Gran Turismo.

I couldn't finish Blood Stone because of a bug involving the US version of the game and my Japanese PS3.  I'm pretty sure I played enough to have a strong and reasonable opinion about it, but the bug also sapped my strength in writing something focused about it.  Let's try anyways

The new James Bond movies make it an explicit point that killing someone is really hard.  Bond often gets in long drawn out fights with one guy.  Of course in the finale he'll have consistent access to a gun and take on an army.  In BS he'll take on an army of absolutely loyal men constantly.  Bond is so deadly, that merely hugging a man for half a second is enough to incapacitate them.  That's acomplished with a mere press of the square button.

Hell I don't really need to say anything just watch this and decide if you think that was completely retarded.  Why is MI6 the only security detail at an international conference?  Why do they KNOW something is going to happen, and send one freaking dude.  Oh wait he's James Bond, so you know, everything is possible.  BS is written by the same guy that wrote Tomorrow Never Dies, you know where the villian's goal is inciting crisis to get higher television ratings.

Watching that video, I can think of very easy justifications for everything happening that aren't completely retarded.  Oh also that "pause" "skip" during cutscenes is on the whole time.  There is no way to turn it off.  It also joins the long line of games where I'm only given a limited number of control configurations and not just allowed to set the controls however the fuck I please.

Oh and the enemies constantly call for "back up" when none ever comes.  In short, hey The Secret of Mana + Soundtrack is a single track arrangement that is pretty neat and you should check it out.  I don't even really like Secret of Mana.

1 comment:

  1. Did you play the Borne game? It has great punchy-punchy.

    ReplyDelete