Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Cursed Crusade (PS3)

Man I sure did enjoy the demo for this game.  It had a nice - if rough - feel.  It had banter between the main characters that looked like it would develop healthily.  Maybe the battle system would also develop into something cool.

NOPE.

I got about 4 hours in and came to notice two different enemy types.  The guys I could kill quick and the guys I'd have to break their guard about 4 times.  And I have a bunch of different weapon options and none of them were nearly as deep as DeDa Souls.  You kept slamming that button.  There were chests I could find in the level (or not) if I found all of them I got a bonus point for my weapon customizing that didn't matter. If I didn't find all of them I got nothing.  There was nothing in these chests outside of the chance to find them all.

I could also use the dark world mechanic (where you totally go to hell (It actually looks kind of cool but) to find a beating cross or solve a stupid puzzle (like finding a specific wall to see a cutscene where I punch through it.)

Then there's the bear minimum of co-oping because occasionally you have to use your partner to get over a ledge.  Or he holds the last enemy so you can stab them in the head.  I couldn't figure out how to grab an enemy at any other time.

The the story is a C minus given an A performance by the voice actors.  Good job voice actors.  I'm sorry you're in a complete nonsense game.  It supposedly had a complete bulshit non-ending.  I went to youtube and watched the last stage where the player flipped around trying to figure out where to go like I did.  Fighting roughly the same enemies the same manor I did (I was playing on Hard and the only difference was they took longer to kill.)  Then I witnessed a cutscene that setup something (maybe).  Then the credits rolled.

It was like "we clearly can't complete this game but we have it done to this point so let's release it .  Then they did!  And I'm kind of angry over having good will about it.  Hey Rudie for post 100, why don't you actually address the culture part of this blog's title.  Maybe I will (Or be at a loss for a topic and just talk about some music I got.)

1 comment:

  1. I eventually got to a place where you're hiding behind one of those crossbow things for like the fourth time, and it would glitch out and I would get stuck in it every single time I restarted the level.

    ReplyDelete